A VERY SPECIAL WELCOME TO JULIE DIMECH!
CHANTECLAIR FARMS and BODY EGG are proud to announce the arrival to our website of Julie Dimech, Clinical Dietitian and Nutritionist.
Julie Dimech comes to Chanteclair Farms with a Bachelor of Applied Science - Food & Nutrition and a Master of Science - Nutrition & Dietetics. She studied at the University of Western Sydney - HAWKESBURY from 1990 until 1993 where she obtained her degree and later she achieved her Masters at the University of Wollongong during 1994 & 1995.
In April 1996 Julie was the Consulting Dietitian for Health 24 (which became Mayne Health in September 2001). Her focus in this role was to assess clients' nutritional needs and provide appropriate nutritional management.
In May 1997 she was appointed Clinical Dietitian for Blacktown/Mt Druitt Hospital where her main role was to provide nutritional management of therapeutic diets in a range of clinic areas (including Surgical, Coronary Care, Intensive Care, Medical and Orthopaedics).
Julie's many achievements include:
- Being an active member of the Blacktown/Mt Druitt Health Resource Development Working Party (whose role it was to develop nutritional education material which provided up-to-date nutritional information for its clients)
- Co-ordinating health promotion activities such as Diabetes Week, Bones Week and Nutrition Week
- Organisation of presentation material for the Cardiac Rehabilitation Group
- Regular Presentations to Cardiac Rehabilitation Group
- Providing supervision for Dietetic students
- Development & implementation of in-services for medical staff on a range of topics eg. tube feeding
- Community group presentations on a range of nutritional topics
- Attendance and Presentations to Journal Club.
Julie is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian and comes to Chanteclair Farms with much experience. She is a member of Dietitians' Association of Australia. She subscribes to Australian Nutrition Foundation and Sanitarium.
As you can see Julie comes from a clinical practice and has spent most of her career working within the hospital system. We're looking forward to getting to know Julie better over the coming months as we expand and bring more information to you all.
We know that Julie's knowledge will be of great interest to us all. Browse through her wonderfully easy-to-read, no-nonsense information before you leave this site. Check out lots of info on Omega 3, Vitamin E, Folate, Organic Chromium and Organic Selenium.