What is Chromium??
· Chromium is an essential element.
Functions of Chromium
· Chromium is involved in the chemical reaction which insulin helps the body cells take up glucose.
· Takes part in fat (lipid), carbohydrate and protein metabolism
Sources of Chromium
· Chromium-enriched Eggs
· Grape Juice
· Orange Juice
· Wholemeal bread
· Wholegrain cereals
· Brewer's yeast
1. Stanton, R. (1996) Rosemary Staton's Complete Book of Food & Nutrition. NSW, AUST.
2. Wahlqvist, M & Briggs, D. (1988) Food Facts. NSW, AUST.
3. Escott-Stump, S. (1997) Nutrition & Diagnosis - Related Care. US
4. Mahan, L & Escott-Stump, S. (2000) Food, Nutrition & Diet Therapy. US
1. NSW HEALTH & NORTHCOTT SOCIETY. Vitamin Folate - Important Message for Women. NSW, AUST.